Phone Notes for Joyful Ascent: Mt. Kilimanjaro
These notes are a guide for your use when calling someone to inform them about your participation in this exciting once-in-a-lifetime event to see if they are interested in donating or joining.
Having some key points in front of you during your conversation can help to keep you on track and prevent any important information from being missed. We hope this helps!
● I am thrilled to be joining Joyful Ascent: Mt. Kilimanjaro, an event to raise funds for the Joy Smith Foundation and awareness about human trafficking, which is happening across Canada.
● This event involves a 6-day climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania in early 2024!
● The trip is Feb. 18-27, 2024.
● The climb/hike portion of the trip is Feb. 20-26.
● I will be paying for my own trip and travel. I wanted to ask for your support in my effort to raise $10K for the Joy Smith Foundation’s Prevention and Intervention programs.
● The Joy Smith Foundation is a National Charitable organization that has helped over 7,000 Canadian human trafficking survivors heal and rebuild their lives. They also provide free educational resources to youth, parents, first responders, educators, community leaders and those working in the justice system across the country through their National Human Trafficking Education Centre.
● I have registered, and am now collecting donations. The easiest way to give, is to make donations directly at Joyfulascent.ca. Otherwise, I am also collecting donations. Thank you for your support!
● A tax receipt will be issued for every contribution over $20CAN.